Welcome to Red Oak. We have grown in size from 280 pupils, in the last three years, to over 400. Our results for pupils have also grown rapidly as we aim to ensure our children achieve as well as children throughout Suffolk and nationally. It is our mission to continue to develop this place of learning within our local community, to raise aspirations & enable all learners to fulfil their potential, whilst on the journey to become an Outstanding school.
At Red Oak Primary School we believe that all children who join our school deserve the best and our aim is to help them succeed by reaching their potential in every area of school life – academic, social, personal, physical and spiritual. The staff & governors are working to make sure that by the time pupils leave us:
1. They know what it feels like to be good at something & have achieved their very best.
2. They will love learning new things & want to keep on learning more.
3. They will understand just how incredible they are, develop self belief and have confidence in their abilities.
4. They will have grown healthy and strong and understand how to look after their body including their mind.
5. They will have known friendship and how to get along with other people, including how to solve conflicts.
6.They will feel part of their local community and be proud of Red Oak.
7. They will know how to keep safe, take calculated risks and know where to get support and help when needed.
Our school logo is ‘Where Learning is Living’, this is at the heart of all we do. We believe our children should gain an interest in a range of subjects and develop their general knowledge. We want all those who become part of our school community, whether a child or an adult, to feel valued, happy, respected and to recognise their role in continuing to make our school ‘Outstanding’.
We are particularly proud of how well we use our PE Premium money to support the children at our school. As a result we are now one of only 2 mainstream schools in the Region to gain the Sports Active Gold Award.
I hope as you read our school brochure you will gain a sense of the value that we place in each child and our desire to ensure that standards, in all areas, remain as high as possible within the caring and happy community which makes our school special. We thank you for trusting us and we shall do our best not to let you down.
Please drop in to talk with a member of staff if you have any questions, queries or concerns, we will be happy to help.
Mrs Heather Madsen
Red Oak Primary School, Southwell Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0RZ
Main Office (01502) 573509 Fax: (01502) 587326